Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. Cellar Direct wines ship from Calgary, Alberta. All sales are in Canadian Dollars and concluded in the Province of Alberta and under the laws of the Province of Alberta.
2. All charges will appear on your credit card statement as ‘Cellar Direct’.
3. Prices quoted on Cellar Direct’s website do not include shipping or sales tax. These will be calculated and added on to the final invoice price upon check-out. All purchase transactions are completed in The Province of Alberta under the Laws of The Province of Alberta between the customer and Cellar Direct. Cellar Direct uses ATS as its default carrier but can use other carriers at it discretion. Cellar Direct will engage the carrier on behalf of the customer. The shipping transaction is between the customer and the carrier and the customer assumes all risks that the shipment is compliant with local laws.
4. All deliveries require a signature and picture proof of age verification (legal age of majority to purchase alcohol) upon arrival.
5. Once you have been charged for wine you cannot cancel or receive a refund. All sales are final.
6. Notwithstanding clause # 5 above, should your shipment arrive damaged email us the details and a photo of the package and broken bottle(s) to email@example.com within 10 days of receiving your shipment and we will either send you replacement wine or refund the purchase price of that wine. If you receive a corked bottle of wine please email us within 30 days of delivery and we will rectify the situation. For further information please see Return Information.
7. Errors and Omissions
Occasionally, our listed prices, bottle sizes or quantities may be incorrect. We make every effort to make sure that our product database is accurate, however, in the event any such mistakes occur, we shall be held harmless for any such errors.
8. Governing Law
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website is subject to the Laws of the Province of Alberta. Province of Alberta Laws and controlling Government of Canada federal Laws, without regard to the choice of conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction, will govern any action related to the terms and conditions and/or use of this website. By using this website you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts located in Calgary, in the Province of Alberta, for the resolution of all disputes arising from or related to these Terms and Conditions and/or the use of this website.
9. Disclaimer and Warrantees
Although we endeavor to provide current, accurate and reliable information on our website, we do not warrant or make any representations regarding the events or the accuracy, reliability or any use of information on this website. We do not warrant that your use of this website, or operation or function of this website, or any component thereof, or any products, software or services in connection therewith, will be uninterrupted or error free; or that defects therewith will be correct; or that this site or its server is free of viruses or other harmful elements. Your use of this website is at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repair of any equipment you use in connection with your use of the website. We and our suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of this website. This website content is provided “as is” and “as available” without any express, implied or statutory warrantee of any kind.
10. Limitation of Warrantee
In no event shall we and/or our suppliers be liable for any direct, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of any or in any way connected with this website, the use or performance of this website, the delay or inability to use this website, the provision of or failure to provides service, or for any other events, information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if we or any of our suppliers have been advised of the possibility of damages. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of this website, or with any of these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this website.
11. Privacy Statement
The information you give us is held in complete confidence and used solely for the purpose of your Cellar Direct membership and transactions. Your personal information is never shared or sold to third parties or websites. All payments are PCI Level 1 secure – the global data security standard that every business wanting to accept payment cards and store, process, and or transmit cardholder data must comply with. If you subscribe to Cellar Direct emails or club then your email and other information is used strictly for those purposes only.